Copyright ? 1984 by Dino De Laurentiis Corporation
Copyright ? 1992 by Westwood Studios
This is one of the first of the newer, and very popular, computer war games by Westwood Studios. It was named Strategy Game of the Year in 1993 and its success has led to the creation of similar designs, such as Command & Conquer. In this game, you can play either House Atreides, House Harkonnen, or House Ordos. Your mission is to harvest spice and remove the other Great Houses from your territory through the use of your family's special weapons. Be careful on the open desert, though. If you're not careful, your armies may get swallowed by a giant sandworm!
DUNE II: THE BUILDING OF A DYNASTY
(for IBM compatibles)
DUNE II: THE BATTLE FOR ARRAKIS
(for the Sega Genesis)
- 386 IBM compatible PC running at 25 MHz or higher
- MS-DOS 5.0 or higher
- 1Mb RAM or more
- 256 color VGA graphics
- 640K free hard disk space
- Mouse and keyboard (MS driver recommended)
- CD ROM drive (for CD-ROM edition)
- Sound card (AdLib, Sound Blaster Pro, AdLib Gold, Roland)
DUNE II Links:
The Official Westwood Studios Dune II page
- Contains some information, screen shots, theme music, and ordering information for the White Label edition
- Contains information, hints, patches, editors, and unofficial add-ons
- Has information on Super Dune 2
Extended Reference Notes
- Contains an exhaustive bundle of information about the Sega version of Dune II
Dune II: The Building of an Empire
- Has detailed information about game controls, terrain types, buildings, and units.
Dune II FAQ and Strategy Guide
- Has an FAQ, strategy hints, a list of known bugs, and links to patches and editors.
John's Dune II Page
- Cool page with unit and building information, as well as downloads and other info.