Copyright ? 1984 by Dino De Laurentiis Corporation
Copyright ? 1993 by Virgin Games, Inc.
This is a DOS-based CD-ROM from Virgin Games. The story line follows rather closely to the actual story line, but there are significant differences. Also, it is rather easy to win the game. Regardless, the graphics are very nice. In the game you can wander the sands of Arrakis, fly an orinthopter over its massive dunes, and even ride the great Shai-Hulud! As you do so, you must harvest spice for the emperor, train your Fremen troops, battle the Harkonnens, and irrigate the desert planet.
- 386 IBM compatible PC running at 20 MHz
- 500K of base memory
- 256 color VGA graphics
- 50K (CD-ROM version) or 640K (3 1/2" floppy version) free hard disk space
- Mouse and keyboard
- DOS supporting MSCDEX 2.2 or higher (for CD-ROM version)
- CD ROM drive with transfer rate of 150K per second (for CD-ROM version)
- Sound card (AdLib, Sound Blaster Pro, Midi LAPC1, or AdLib Gold)
DUNE I Links:
- Contains a couple hint files and a walk through of the game.
- Has a not-so-legal copy of DUNE I available to download.
The First Ever DUNE 2000 Web Site's DUNE I page
- Has images of the characters, descriptions of them, and several screen shots.