Copyright ? 1984 by Dino De Laurentiis Corporation
Copyright ? 1998 by Westwood Studios
Thanks to the repeated requests of fans, Westwood Studios decided to resurrect DUNE II, one of the first realtime strategy games. DUNE 2000 does not pick up where DUNE II left off. Instead, it is a complete remake of this popular classic. There are still three duelling houses to choose from: The honorable House Atreides, the insidious House Ordos, and the vicious House Harkonnen. As always, the spice is your most important asset on Arrakis, so mine it carefully and beware the giant sandworms.
Platform: Windows 95
- Pentium 90 MHz processor (133MHz or better recommended)
- 16 MB RAM
- 16-bit color video card (2 MB video RAM recommended)
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- 100% Microsoft compatible mouse
- 28.8 modem (for internet play)
DUNE 2000 Links
The Official DUNE 2000 web site
- Just what you'd expect from the official web site of a hot strategy game.
- Visit Westwood Studios for ordering information when it becomes available.
- A beautifully designed site that contains a lot of information about this amazing game.
Telcontar's House Harkonnen
- Another attractive web site that also touches lightly upon the other part of the Dune universe.
Sands of Dune 2000
- This has information, screen shots, information, and anything else.
Westwood Gamez - Dune 2000
- Contains frequently updated news, info, and a chat board.
Dune 2000 "Radar Outpost"
- Yet another site with a ton of information.
- This site has a cool interface to go with its information.